Brighten Your Home
Open the doors to your home, crack the windows, Spring is in the air and Summer is almost here. Time to shake off those long winter nights and prepare your living space for a bright summer. The best way to embrace the change in seasons is to adapt your surrounding to suit.
Find a Design Feature
Every room in your house should have a personality, tell a story, or have a focal point. Without any of these a room will not tie together, and a disconnected room has no sense of ownership, or homeliness. Throughout each season you can easily adapt your living space to encompass the world around you and this enables you to enjoy your home throughout the year without becoming bored of feeling stale.
Cushions, throws and other accessories such as bowls, lampshades and vases’ are easy items to change between seasons. A rug is a great way to bring colour and personality into a room, but as you may not have the space or spending power to rack up one for each season, if this is the focal point you choose, we recommend going for something that can cross over between Spring/Summer, Autumn/Winter. Think Rugs has a fantastic selection of designs available from many retailers. One of our favourites is the piece above. This design by Fiona Howard has some beautiful colours that can transfer between seasons, and allows you to accessories accordingly!
Pick Key Accessories
Find a style that suits you, as well as your home and the season. Use a mixture of colours and textures to create depth in any room.
1) This textured cushion from Oliver Bonas is light and beautiful. The fresh colour and beach feel texture really do shout summer! Buy it here.
2) Bring some softness to your sofa with this Oliver Bonas royal purple velvet cushion. Perfect to carry through year round, the colour will compliment many others. a real staple piece.
3) Fill this golden wire bowl by Oliver Bonas with fresh fruit or flower petals to add an eye catching centerpiece to a coffee table or shelving unit.
4) Although it’s summer, with the heating off and jumpers packed away, you can still need a beautiful throw. A wonderful colour pop and vibrant addition to any sofa. Or use in the garden as a picnic blanket to really embrace the outdoors! Get this ray of sunshine yellow throw from Habitat.
5) These sheer printed curtains from Urban Outfitters remind us of work by our print designer Rebecca McCormick. Perfect for lighter summer evenings, when you still want to let light in but prefer a little privacy. Replace heavy winter curtains and let the wind blow through a open window to create an enchanted feeling in any room.
Have Fun with your Space
Mix it up and move your room around. It doesn’t cost a penny to have a shake up so dust off your shelves and move your furniture around. Turn a chair to look out of your french doors, providing a lovely spot to sit and read whilst soaking up the sun, or simply rearrange your ornaments. There are so many way to freshen up your home, not just for summer, but for you.